Best Paper Awards
The best paper awards at FPL 2022 were presented during the banquet on Tuesday 30th August by the Chair of the Best Paper Award Committee, Prof. Máire O’Neill. The committee included:
- Martin Langhammer, Intel
- Ray Cheung, City University of Hong Kong
- Ken Eguro, Microsoft
- Wim Vanderbauwhede, University of Glasgow
- Jonathan Babb, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Apostolos Dollas, Technical University of Crete
- Michael Manzke, Trinity College Dublin
Michal Servit Best Paper Award
The Michal Servit Award, awarded to the most outstanding paper in the area of design algorithms, methods, and CAD tools for FPGAs and self-aware systems at FPL 2022 was won by the paper:
Bitfiltrator: A general approach for reverse-engineering Xilinx bitstream format by Sahand Kashani, Mahyar Emami, James R. Larus, Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland.
The winner was selected by the committee from a strong field of finalists, including:
- HiPR: High-level Partial Reconfiguration for Fast Incremental FPGA Compilation by Yuanlong Xiao, Aditya Hota, Dongjoon Park, Andre DeHon, University of Pennsylvania.
- Dynamic Inter-Block Scheduling for HLS by Jianyi Cheng1, Lana Josipovic2, George A. Constantinides1, John Wickerson1; 1Imperial College London, 2ETH Zurich.
- Unleashing Parallelism in Elastic Circuits with Faster Token Delivery by Ayatallah Elakhras1, Andrea Guerrieri1, Lana Joipovic2, Paolo Ienne1; 1EPFL, 2ETH Zurich.
Stamatis Vassiliadis Memorial Best Paper Award
This award, presented to the best paper in the area of architectures and applications, was won by:
DeLiBA: An Open-Source Hardware/Software Framework for the Development of Linux Block I/O Accelerators by Babar Khan, Carsten Heinz and Andreas Koch, TU Darmstadt, Germany.
The winner was selected from a high-quality field of finalists, including:
- Real-Time Waveform Matching with a Digitizer at 10 GS/s by Jens Trautmann1, Nikolaos Patsiatzis1, Andreas Becher2, Jurgen Teich1, Stefan Wildermann1; 1Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, 2Technische Universität Ilmenau.
- Ultra-Flow: An Ultra-fast and High-quality Optical Flow Accelerator with Deep Feature Matching on FPGA by Yehua Ling1, Yuanxing Yan1, Kai Huang1,2, Gang Chen1,2; 1Sun Yat-sen University, 2 Peng Cheng Laboratory.
- A Flexible Real-Time Stereo Vision Architecture for Multiple Data Streams with Runtime Configurable Parameters by Zhaoteng Men, Lin Shu, Jie Hao, Chinese Academy of Science.
- A High-Performance CNN Accelerator on the Versal Platform Powered by the AI Engine by Xijie Jia, Yu Zhang, Guangdong Liu, Xinlin Yang, Tianyu Zhang, Jia Zheng, Dongdong Xu, Hong Wang, Rongzhang Zheng, Satyaprakash Pareek, Lu Tian, Donliang Xie, Hong Luo, Yi Shan, AMD.